Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tarantula




the Story goes something like this:
I went running a good friend of mine from out of town
and saw this tarantula just as we were about to turn around and head for home. I put it in an old grocery bag I found on the side of the road and brought it home. Before my kids came home from school I bought an aqaurium enclosure for it. I was so so excited to tell my kids because we have been wanting to catch two tarantulas, one for us and one for Arden class at her teachers request.

So then I get a phone call from a friend who is at the elementry and she says "I just want you to know that Arden was trying to catch a tarantula at school." I think she thought I might be a bit disturbed by this but instead I was like "Really? Did she catch it? I hope she did, her teacher really wants one for their class and I just caught one for our family toady while I was out running!

What do you know, Arden and I are totally in touch  catching tarantulas on the same day away from each other.

So the kids named her El Vira and just so you know she is completely harmless. It take a lot to get a tarantula to bite and if they do it hurts less that an bee sting and is not at potent as a bee sting either. They are very fragel creatures and come out this time of the year here in our town.

And just in time for Halloween!

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

Can I be the first to say...eew... full body shiver!