Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Arden's First Day of School

I feel like I am sending her off to college but with a carpool. She wouldn't even look at the camera, that is her new thing, hating getting her picture taken. I took her on a date last night. I try to do that with all the kids before school starts. We went to the Wildflower Bread Co. She loves ravioli, soup and bread. She put her head on my shoulder at dinner, we were sitting on a cushioned bench outside. She told me she loved me and that she has the best life. I told her I was sad she was growing up so fast but really proud of her. She told me she is sad too because now she is too big to go for garbage can rides with Dad in the kitchen. I thought that was really great that she pulled that thought, that memory out of her head as part of the best of her childhood recollections. Then we talked about Dad and how great he is and how much we all love him. We talked about school, 5th grade and her classed and homework and we both promised to work really hard together. I love her so much, it was kind of a teary night for me. I took her to the mall and we didn't buy anything, nothing really there that she wanted, well that just made me love her more. Simple, sweet, flip flops, shorts and a t shirt, lizards, birds, bikes, friends. Never grow up. She is the best. Love you Arden.

2 comments:

CJ said...

Oh, I'm getting teary too. She's so grown up! Hope she had the best day ever at school!

Melissa said...

Miles started 4th grade this year and I had many of the same feelings. How did he grow up? There are moments where I fear he is too grown up. Then he does something (like tucking all his stuffed animals in bed with him) that reminds me he is still a little boy. As long as I am always his mommy that he knows he can come to, I will be happy. You are such a good mommy.