Sunday, November 20, 2011

Play Dough

My kids have been fighting a lot. When someone is crying or screaming, or yelling I think we might as well have a drill going or a table saw in the house. I can't hear anything. So when Alexis made this sign for her Dad while he was in the backyard with some power tools, I got a really big kick out of it.

I thought to myself, this is how I have felt all week, and not only with the kids but with myself. I can't even hear myself think. We have a really loud children.

Today is better. I turned on some nice soft music about our Savior. I made play dough with the boys. Everyone is at the counter completely indulged in the play dough, for some reason they are helping each other, I think it's the music, it must be having an effect on them.

I love my kids, especially when I am alone with one of them, it really doesn't even matter which one, because when we are alone there is no fighting...

And here is my PLAY DOUGH recipe:

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp cream of tartar
*mix in sauce pan
*add
2 cups water
2 tbs veg oil
food coloring
*stir and put on stove, keep stirring, when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, remove immediately, put on counter and knead until cooled.

2 comments:

CJ said...

Play dough and sweet music. I'm an adult and I don't have anyone to fight with, but that sounds pretty good right now! It would be fun to make some Christmas ornaments with dough - the kind that hardens up and you can paint. Have you ever run across a recipe like that?

diane lott said...

I have done that before with Mom when she was in Young Womens