Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Arden's Baptism


I can't believe my oldest is eight. I feel like I have entered another realm of Motherhood. Arden is getting so grown up in her own little way. This was an amazing baptism. I feel like she has been waiting her lifetime to do this and here we are. Arden was surround by lots of family who love her. We are so grateful for all the family who came. There was a great spirit at Arden's baptism, she has such a strong spirit. I asked Arden before she was baptized what she thought it was going to be like. She said, "It's going to feel warm inside and we will be surrounded by Angels." She was right, I don't think I could explain it any other way.

These are two of the loves of my life standing in white. This photo means a lot to me. Dave is my knight in shining armor. He has truely magnified his calling as a Husband and Father. Arden looks so petite and small next to Dave who stands tall at his magnificent 6'-4". And the little dress she is wearing to be baptized in was actually really cute, no jumpsuit here!


I never really think any of them look like me until we are cheek to cheek and then I see small resemblences that spark a similarity. Somehow we are alike, although I still can't put my finger on it or describe in accurately.

Arden is so content, so happy, excited, and well she said, "nervous!"



She has grown up so much and it shows.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Those pictures are amazing, Di! What an adorable little (or BIG!) girl you have. Looks like a very special occasion.

Stevens Family said...

I started to tear up when you are talking about Dave. I know how you feel!
Thanks for sharing your day with us.