Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Posting

I can't believe I haven't posted pics from Christmas or all the birthdays we have had. I just downloaded them a couple days ago. I have been so busy with everyone and everything I haven't thought too much about blogging.

I have been thinking I need to write in my journal. I made Arden do it two days ago. Tomorrow will be another snowday maybe I will get busy and write.

Gavin is really the love of my life right now. He is my little "Marley" if you have ever seen Marley and Me you know what I am talking about. Today he dumped a huge cup of water all over the den floor. He put yogart on the treadmill and all over the table, and dumped 100 straws all over the kitchen floor. He tried to turn the oven on over and over and thought it was a game. He hit me and thought that was funny. He ripped his diaper off, I ducted taped it back on and I felt like a police officer constaining a bad guy. He sucked yogart from a straw and blew it all over the car. He screamed "Wow" as load as he could over and over again at Sam's club until we checked out. He threw a tantrum at the post office because I would let him take his Doritos in with him and I regreted it the whole time. He refuses to sit in the grocery cart!

He loves Dave more than life itself. Everytime I am holding him and we walk down the hall he sees a photo of our family and says, "Dad, ball, Dad, ball!" Its really cute. He fold his arms when we pray and if I ask him to go get his boots on he will say, "k" and run to get them and run back to me and sit in my lap and stick his feet up.

Today I sat on the couch for two minutes and thought of words that describe how I feel. These are they; blessed, surprised, happy, content, loved, needed, in love, overwelmed. Something like that.

It was a snowday. I love snowdays,it's like summer but snowy. I let my kids watch a movie after breakfast since they did two hours of chores yesterday. I hired a babysiter and went cross country skiing for and hour and a half, while my kids played the Wii. Alexis and Spencer made brownies while Gavin and I supervised. I cleaned my room for the first time since before Christmas and shined the tops of my dressers. My kids played outside in the snow and loved every minute of it. I want to take them all snowboarding. A snowmobile would be nice or a four wheeler or a hot tub. We are making Bethany's orange rolls tomorrow for Dad. And hoping its the kind of snow that will make a good snowman or sculpture. Alexis's piano teacher said she is amazing, she learned to read notes faster that most kids, that made her feel special. I love snowdays, love being with my kids, it's my favorite thing. I never thought I would love being a mom so much but here I am loving it.

PS Gavin sucks toothpast!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Di,you are incredible! I am exhauset just reading your blog. I wonder what I do with my time!

and Gavin is so stinkin busy but he is even cuter than he is busy!

Melissa said...

Di, you are such an amazing positive woman. I think I had an anxiety attack just reading your post. I love reading your posts and thinking about things I can improve on in my life as a mother. I know none of us are perfect but we can inspire many in different ways. You inspire me.

How fun that you went out cross country skiing. I had a dream last night that I went and just bought me some skis so I could go cross country skiing. Down hill is not for me (I always feel out of control) but I love the cross country and haven't done it for several years.

Miss you.