Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ocean Day Three

I am alway enamored at the amount of excitement two boys can have with a ball, specifically brothers. Gavin had me enthralled with his endless brother calling, "Shpencer, Shpencer, Shpencer!" with his raspy like voice. I think they finally had to end this game when they lost the ball in the ocean.
Not normal. I woke up but couldn't get out of bed. I slept till noon. My body felt completely wasted. The stomach bug that had been throughout the rest of the family finally got to me. Alexis slept with me all morning in the kind size bed upstairs, she must still feel sick also. When I woke up I found Arden asleep and Alexis and all the boys had abandoned us for the beach. We were sick, at the beach, how horrible. So I drug Arden down to the beach, she sat on the boogie board for a long time and just watched the waves. Everyone once and a while my stomach would turn and I felt sick, but more than anything I just felt wasted.
You can tell a good Dad when you see one, it looks something like this; launching a six year old in the waves on a boogie board over and over again until the six year old finely gets it and loves it! Spencer and Dave had the time of their life in these waves.
You can tell an over confindent Dad when you see this two year old launched into a sandy, salty wave on a boogie board with absolutely no sucess at all.

2 comments:

photomom said...

Loving, loving, loving all the fabulous photos, Di. Keeping you all in our prayers too!

HollBurd said...

I wish I was riding those waves too! Love it!