Monday, August 31, 2009

Prayer

Dear Lord,

So far today I am doing pretty well. I haven't screamed at the kids or thrown anything in a burst of anger. I have not grumbled or gossiped or whined. I haven't been greedy or selfcentered. I have not yet charged anything to the credit card, and I haven't pigged out on the chocolate cake in the refigerator. However, in a few minutes I will be getting out of bed, and I am going to need your help to make it through the rest of the day.

Amen


I thought this prayer was really funny and I think most of us as mothers can relate to this. I found it in a book I am reading "the Power of a Possitive Mom." It is a good book to recharge and just get one back on the right path. I have been wanting to pray more. I admit I don't say my morning prayers and I know I need to, it would make each day so much better. I think that is why I thought this prayer was so funny. In every chapter the author has examples of real prayers, I think it is interesting to read them. She prays about things I never even think to pray about that are really important! So there is my little possitive plug for pray today!

Time spent in prayer is never wasted
-Francois Fenelon-

2 comments:

Suzown said...

AMEN!

deedee said...

Hey Di!
I love your blog! I wish I had the talent to do this. I just love you and your family and admire what a great mom and companion you are to Dave. Thanks for sharing your life with us.
DeeDee