Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Day

Another snowday come and gone. I love snow days. I love being with my kids even though they would tell you its a love/hate relationship. I love spending more time with them than I usually get to. I can hardly wait for summer, ah the days of sleeping in. I love letting them sleep. Spencer didn't wake up until 9am.

I read books with Alexis today. We just snuggled up on the sofa and read. I love that. Arden memorized her 3rd Article of Faith and started on the forth. We sat down and set goals and the rewards for finishing those goals. Arden worked on times tables with me and got really excited about it.

Gavin slept for three and a half hours. I ended up waking him up so he would go to sleep at night. Spencer spent almost the entire day with friends, here and there.

We made fresh lemonade with my new Breville juicer and lemons we brought back from Brad and Stephanies. We made a cake and homemade ice cream with Dave.

I cleaned my room really good after I saw how cleam Amy Shorts room was. Thanks Amy I needed some inspiration.

Arden and I researched hot air balloon rides on the internet and found out that it would cost our family $660 to go for one hour. I think we won't be doing that.

I didn't leave the neighborhood and that was ok with me. Sometimes I love just staying home. I really don't like driving, not with kids anyway.

Alexis got to play Fun Brain on the internet and told me it was the best day ever.

Who knows maybe tomorrow there will be a school delay. And then its back to the daily grind running kids to school and after school stuff. Ak. I loved today.

2 comments:

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

sounds fun and like you got a lot accomplished..good for you. You are such a GREAT mom.

Sissy Jackson said...

Hay, we had a snow day yesterday! It was a party! To bad we are not closer...could have done some serious damage with the sleds on the back of the jeep with you guys!