Saturday, June 7, 2008

Welcome to the World Baby Lott


Yawning with Grandma Stevens!


Arden is so proud, she is being such a wounderful big sister and so happy!






Spencer was singing to his new little brother, it was so sweet to hear his little voice with all the spirit he has singing sweetly to his brother.

Alexis can't stop touching his skin, she says it is so soft!

Last ones up we took a picture before we all went to bed.

He is so beautiful!


Morning time with Alexis, just staring into each others eyes!

After a week of wishing I was in labor, Baby Lott is finally here. I almost thought that it wasn't going to happen. My parents have been here for four days waiting and I was very anxious. Born on his due date June 6, 2008, this guy surprised us all last night. I have been walking all week with my Mom and kids trying to induce labor and finally last night the walk worked. When my mom and I got home from our walk I started timing contractions at 8:02. My contractions were 2 and 5 minutes apart and lasting for a minute. I was so scared they would stop and that it would be a false labor but they didn't. I called my midwife at 8:30pm and told her to come, my contractions were strong. When I got off the phone with her I had a contraction I wanted to push through, oh no! So I got in the tub to slow down contractions. My midwife arrived around 9:10. I was fully dialated, no surprise since I have been walking around at a 5 all week! She broke my water, I pushed though one contraction, and out came the head, so I pushed again though no contraction at all and out came baby. I wanted it all over with so bad, I was serious about pushing this little guy out as soon as I could. He was born at 9:30pm in my bath tub at home with Dave, my two girls Arden and Alexis and my Mom there. It was really special to have the girls and my Mom there, they thought its was a miracle and it was! They are all beyond excited and so am I. Baby is doing wonderful and nursing and sleeping a lot. He is so adorable and even though he looks like Arden and Spencer and all of us, he had his own look. It is so nice to have my parents here, they are so helpful and so laid back, they really bring a great spirit into our house. I am so grateful for my mom and for all the moms out there, being a mom is the so amazing, and even though I say I never, never want to be pregnant or in labor ever again, I love my kids with all my heart and my family means the world to me!

12 comments:

3 South Chub Club said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow! 2 pushes and he's out! Good for you! So have you decided on any names for the little stud? I hope all continues to go well for you. Try to get some sleep and hang in there. He is beautiful! You've done good work! :)

Bethany said...

i nice, super fast labor! you deserve that for you last. he looks great. good job! no name, I guess?

Theresa said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations. He looks just like he belongs. And, yeah, what's the name?

Carol said...

Congratulations! You're amazing and we're so happy for you. I can't wait to see this little guy in person.

Bex said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You have such a sweet family and I really get tears in my eyes to see your precious kids giving so much love to eachother! And I'm extremely amazed at your birth-giving abilities!!!! 2 pushes? DANG!!!!!!

Bex said...

Oh, and Asher was nameless up until we had to sign the birth certificate! You'll find a name! And it will be perfect!!!!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Congrats di we are so happy for you and I am so glad everything went so well. Yeah..not pregnant anymore and he is beautiful! YOu look so good in the pics too...not like I do after a c-section! I am still having problems. Been to the doctor 4 times in one week!

Natalie said...

hes so cute! have you guys decided on a name yet???

CJ said...

Hey baby sister! You did it! And he is absolutely such a beautiful little miracle! This auntie Carol can't wait to hold him. I don't think I can wait until August! I'm so proud of you! You are such a beautiful mommy!

Jen-ben said...

congrats DI!!!!

Tari said...

yea! I am so happy for you! You are an amazing woman. I think back to college when you had your first baby at home and I still can't believe you do it. Your an amazing mother. and he really is so very cute.

Kristen said...

Wow, Di what an amazingly fast labor & delivery! I'm glad to hear it went so well and that you two are getting some time to bond alone. We'd love to meet the little one soon!